Comments are the highest form of “engagement” and your favorite social media platform
Is rewarding you every time you get comments on your posts.
How do they reward you for this? They show your post to more people.
If your post does not get likes or comments, it will show your post to less people.
It’s just that simple.
So here are 3 helpful tips on how you can start getting more comments today!
- Ask your audience for their opinion or feedback in your post.
- This can be done “after” the main topic of your post.
- Doesn’t have to be an entire post dedicated to seeking their opinion.
“Today was an awesome day for X, Y, and Z reasons!
Now it’s your turn, “comment” about a recent day you had, that was absolutely awesome!”
- Reply Back To EVERY COMMENT.
- Yes, every comment. 🙂
- Have you ever walked by someone in the street and said “Hi” and got nothing back?
- Remember how you felt?
- That’s what happens when you ignore a comment.
- Think that person will come back and ever comment again?
- Probably not. PLUS algorithms value the engagement any post gets.
- The more you comment back, the more they comment, the more the platform shows your post to others.
- Bonus tip: Ask open-ended questions to keep the engagement rolling! Be curious.
- Ask questions that start with “What” and “How” 🙂
Keep doing what works!
- Identify which post types get the most content.
- Create more content like that. ( Double down )
- Conversely – Identify which posts consistently get low likes and comments.
- STOP making posts that get low likes and comments. 🙂
Yes, a lot of it is common sense, but I’m here to help you stay on track and laser focused.
Getting results is about consistently doing what works.
The content WE like to post might just be what our audience cares least about.
Remember, we are serving an audience.
Would you serve party food that no one wants?
OK good! Avoid doing it on social media as well! 🙂