Most business owners understand and acknowledge the importance of marketing only on a theoretical level.
Unfortunately, leaving it in the theoretical realm is extremely dangerous to their profits and the longevity of their business.
While marketing has the power to extend the life of a business for decades and guarantee repeat customers and clients, the lack thereof, or effectively doing it wrong actually has the power to eat up resources, leave business owners confused and frustrated, with a mountain of failed attempts at shotgun style marketing to all and hitting no one.
The reason why most marketing falls flat is because of one thing – the lack of consistency. Being inconsistent in anything in life is typically a recipe for failure. We are all guilty of it to some extent, some more than others, but it’s critical we as business owners become crystal clear on the need for consistent marketing.
There are a few secret weapons when it comes to positioning oneself for consistent marketing success.
Sometimes secret weapons are far more unassuming than they are stealth.
In this situation we will discuss just one and it’s very much the case. Most of the reason why business owners don’t do marketing consistently is because they have no compass, no direction, no plan and certainly no organization.
This secret weapon to achieving consistent marketing goes beyond a plan it’s actually in creating a:
The genius of a marketing calendar is that it accomplishes a number of things at the same time:
- allows you to plan marketing on a number of channels
- allows you to brainstorm and select marketing topics vs diving straight into content creation
- allows you to have a set schedule for when and what you are going to release thereby slowing down the hectic nature of creating content
- allows you to share the calendar with your team or staff for them to provide input, strengthen, or take the lead on what you established
- allows for you to template your marketing approach and clone it across each month, rapidly swapping titles and concepts to create brand new months of marketing focus.
When it comes to marketing, most know they should do it. Some actually do it and few do it effectively.
Hopefully this hack can help you plan months of your marketing in a relatively short amount of time. Saving you time and hassle. If you’d like to get really ninja with it, hire a content writer, give them your marketing calendar and then look forward to a finished product without your direct involvement so you can focus on what you’re best at.
If you’d like a marketing calendar sample, here’s a snippet to one we’ve made (yearly view version) for a restaurant client.
If you need additional help with marketing in your business, send me an email and let me know what you need help with.
PS- If you need help making your website more marketing and revenue centric, book a strategy session with me here.